Team Organisation and Supervision
To a certain extent this will depend on the rules and guidelines of your organisation.
- We suggest walking in groups of not more than 7. Keeping control of more is pretty difficult, even for human sheepdogs.
- those under 10½ must have an adult with them, obviously parents for family groups. Whether youth leaders/helpers have DBS clearance depend on the rules of your organisation.
- Those over 10½ may walk in groups without an adult. All groups must stay together.
- All walkers under 18 must have parent/carer permission to take part. That will be left with the organisers at the start. Each walker will be given a wrist band carrying a number. That number will be entered on the Contact/Permission portion of the card and held at Kirkbie Kendal. The wrist band will also carry an emergency telephone number.
- We expect that each group will have a charged mobile phone with it - we will note the number at the start.
- It is absolutely essential that all walkers stick to the designated route and then check-in at Kirkbie Kendal at the end of their Walk.
- Walkers should wear good shoes or boots and carry waterproofs.